Monday, February 1, 2016

Life challenges: Making things interesting & meaningful...daily

There have been any number of times over the course of my life that I've been told that challenges in our lives will only make us better.  For many years, I had no idea how that was possible, since my life seemed to be just an endless stream of challenges that never seemed to end.  Over the last 15 years however, I've begun to realize just how true today's quote rings true.  While I'd love to see life be less 'interesting' sometimes, with each victory over a challenge or obstacle I've experienced, my life truly has become more meaningful.  Not only do I find myself both more humble and grateful each time I overcome a challenge, I'm also reminded of the rejoinder of Winston Churchill that failure isn't fatal and success isn't final.

When I began my career, I quickly rose in the initial organizations that I was involved in and frankly felt there was no stopping me.  What occurred next was a series of humbling experiences that threatened to break me... but over time have served to form the bedrock of how I understand where my life is now.  I'm certainly not more talented, better, or luckier than anyone else and without my unswerving Faith that God has a plan for my life, I'd be nothing.  That said, I wake up every day with the determination that regardless of whatever challenges come my way, I'll embrace them, overcome them and make them a part of the increasingly rich and powerful existence that is my life.

As you start the new week, give some thought to changing the way you look at the challenges of your life.  Are you letting them dictate the direction of your life or are you spending the time it takes to determine how even the most debilitating challenge can make you better tomorrow than you were today?!  Make today the day that you look at your day to day challenges for what they truly are - a way to make our life more meaningful!  Make it a great Monday! #NoLetUp #startuplife #WhateverItTakes #OnwardandUpward #OvercomingChallenges #LovingMyLife #LivingMyDreams #FeelingUnstoppable #Thriver4Life


No comments:

Post a Comment