Thursday, February 4, 2016

CANI: Why you need to work harder today than yesterday

Years ago I spent what at the time was a king's ransom and bought the entire Tony Robbins CD program as a final attempt to dig myself out of the hole I found myself in after a divorce and loss of my job.  One of the things that I learned during that 30 day period was the power of taking things one day at a time, but also the power of CANI - Constant And Never-ending Improvement.  One of the things that the younger me didn't realize was that making a huge 'leap' from one season of your life to another isn't about something happening quickly instead it's about the little things that you do each and every day, day in and day out that make the difference in your life and over time help you to develop what I think we are all looking for - a life with true meaning.

Over the last decade and a half, one mantra that has driven me forward is to take a look at each day with a critical eye and ask myself - did I do better today than I did yesterday?   There were any number of years over my life where I only did this on an occasional basis and as a result was often disappointed that I was not seeing the overall results I was looking for. Today - by reassessing each day in turn and starting it with renewed focus and effort - I've found that not only am I able to accomplish more in every aspect of my life - but I truly am able to work harder each day, then I THOUGHT I had the day before.

Think you gave yesterday all you had?  Don't think you can do anymore or get anything else out of your life?  Take a moment today and think about improving on some part of your life by 1%.  What you'll find - as I have over time - is that a 1% improvement is something daily - provides results over time that are nothing short of stunning!  Make it a great Thursday all - got out there and get what you want! #NoLetUp #startuplife #WhateverItTakes #ImprovingDaily #EachDayIsANewChance #NeverStop #BeRelentless


No comments:

Post a Comment