Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The greatest success principle: Persistence

Back in 2013 - just before I left Valpak, I had become something of a serious runner and in fact had gotten up to 10 miles by May of 2013.  I'll never forget the first time that I ran that distance as once I got beyond 9 miles... I literally thought I was going to die with each step.  What kept me going was that each step was another personal record for distance and by the time I got back home after the run had a sense of accomplishment unlike anything I'd ever experienced.  I mention that experience in the context of today's quote as it points up just how important it is to persist.

Getting what we truly want out of all areas of our lives requires not just a commitment for a day, or even for a season, but instead requires long term and in some cases lifelong commitment to what we want.  As I think about the journey that I'm on both in my businesses and in my life in general, it never ceases to amaze me how  truly different the path to success is on the 'inside' as opposed to what the world sees.  Never traveling in a straight line, the 'squiggles' of life always seem to challenge us at every turn, but the one ideal I continue to return to again and again is persistence.  Not just blind and unguided faith, but the constant and continuous shifting and adjusting that is required to make your way in this world - and to get all that you want out of it.

Is there some part of your life that needs 'persistence'?  Are you driving forward on all fronts or is there some portion of your life that needs that little something extra today?  Take a moment as you start your Wednesday and give some thought to the overriding fact that if you persist long enough.... you WILL win.... whatever 'winning' looks like to you!

Make it a great day today and get out there and 'be persistent' in getting all you can out of life! #NoLetUp #PersistencePays #MakingitHappen #WhateverItTakes #startuplife #Thriving #LivingMyDreamsDaily


No comments:

Post a Comment