Thursday, March 31, 2016

CANI: A real lesson for a life well led

Years ago (hard to believe that it was now over 15 years) when I first ran through Tony Robbin's Personal Power program I was exposed to the concept of CANI - Constant And Never-ending Improvement, and that ideal has been a driving force behind the way I live my life ever since.  The concept isn't a new one, but in a day and age where we're constantly told that we don't have enough it bears revisiting what CANI really means.

For a number of years, I looked at this idea from the perspective of an outsider - meaning that I was looking at what others had or were doing and tried to hew to that standard for my own life.  In recent years however, I've come to realize that each one of us is responsible for only one thing - that being what we can do every day to be a better version of ourselves.  When I ran across this quote today, it perfectly exemplified where I am in my own life at this moment in time.  At the moment, I'm in the process of making a significant shift in my professional life (more on that in the coming days) and focusing on how I can make today better than yesterday for myself - is key to ensuring that this transition is a successful one and moves me in what I believe is the right direction.  

As you start your Thursday, give some thought to who you are 'competing' with or trying to be like each day.  Are you ensuring that you are the best version of yourself each day or are you letting external factors dictate the life that you are looking to lead.  Make today the day you reclaim the high ground in your own life - and do all you can to be a better version of you today - then you were yesterday!  Make it a great day today! #CANI #ChangesAreComing #WhateverItTakes #NoLetUp #OnwardandUpward #LivingtheBestLifeICan #Thriving


No comments:

Post a Comment