Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Genuine interest: The true secret to happiness

For an extended period of my life, the main focus of my time, energy and efforts was solely economic.  Was I making more money than I did last year, was I seeing opportunities to grow that over time and was I able to do the things that I wanted to as a result. Over the course of the last 10 years however, I've expanded my horizons dramatically beyond those 'blinders' and today know that life is made up of much more than just the economic.  

As I've written about before, my life is now focused on a number of different areas - all of which have expanded the quality of my life and made me much less one dimensional.  While I try to do something or 'move the needle' in all of these areas each day (Family, Financial, Physical, Emotional, Spiritual, Career), it's not a perfect system and sometimes a couple of days will go by without any movement - but I try to make sure that I"m thinking about each of those areas every day.  

When I ran across this quote this morning I was struck by the word 'genuine' in terms of the interest we take in all areas of our lives.  If we take a real interest in all parts of our lives, they will all improve.  How do I know this?  When you expend time, energy and efforts against something you'll improve the results you are getting.  Will they always turn out the way that you want them to?  Nope.  Do you always win? No.  But you WILL get every day you put forth your best effort - you'll uncover the true secret to happiness - and find you are living a life well led!  Make it a great Tuesday all and watch this space in the coming days - interesting times them are a coming. #startuplife #LifeThrowsYouCurveBalls #NoLetUp #WhateverItTakes #LivingmyLifeTheBestWayIKnowHow #Thriving


No comments:

Post a Comment