Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Your life journey: Truly, uniquely yours

We each are on a journey of some kind as we make our way through this life, and in some cases - it's many journeys taking place all at once.  One constant theme that my journey has returned to over time is that I often felt I had to have others understand what I was experiencing and going through.  What I've learned over time however is that no matter what we do or say, there will always be those who simply don't "get it".  As I left the relative comfort of corporate America now nearly 2 1/2 years ago, I saw a fair amount of folks who didn't 'understand'.  

What I've learned during that time however is that no amount of pitching or convincing will alter those positions and at the end of the day - the only person(s) who need to really understand are you... and those you've chosen to spend your life with.  As you start your Wednesday, give some thought to the energy you're expending to make others understand your journey... and then take a moment to reassess those efforts.  What I think you'll find - as I certainly did - there are some of those efforts that certainly worth your time, but many are not.  Reclaim that time and energy for what is the most important to you and yours... making your life journey the best it can be....each and every day.  

Make it a great day today - and live your journey the best way YOU know how! #NoLetUp #startuplife #OnwardandUpward #LiveYourJourney #LoveMyLife #LiveYourDreams #RenewYourFaithDaily


No comments:

Post a Comment