Thursday, January 21, 2016

Tenacity: Without it, nothing else matters


As the end of 2013 approached, I found myself facing a series of challenges. I wasn't sure where my career was going and I wasn't getting any younger - was this the time to 'make the leap' and go out on my own? I'd done it before and had failed (several times), did I have the skills I needed to make it work this time? Did I leave an amazing organization that I could retire with and have a comfortable life for the uncertainty of my own gig and non-stop uncertainty? 

Well - as you all know, I made the leap and over the last 27 months have found the truth in today's quote repeatedly over that period of time. The hardest part truly WAS the decision to act. Sure there have been times when I looked in the mirror and asked seriously - what the heck was I thinking... but simply being head down, tenacious, making a plan and then executing on that plan each and every day has made all the difference. I am truly thankful for those that crossed (and guided) my path during my tenure at Valpak (including several of you who pushed me to understand the critical role that process plays in success - you know who you are smile emoticon ), but most of all, I'm thankful for the fact that I learned to be tenacious at a very early stage of my career. 

Are you facing a key decision in your life right now? Let me encourage you to make a decision to act, move forward and do something that helps you get more out of your life. It won't be the end of the journey, but with a little dose of daily tenacity - you can get anything you want out your life... and who knows... maybe you'll get what I've gotten from deciding to act... a life richer than I ever imagined! Make it a great Thursday and never forget... to be tenacious today! ‪#‎startuplife‬ ‪#‎NoLetUp‬‪ #‎WhateverItTakes‬ ‪#‎OnwardandUpward‬ ‪#‎BeTenacious ‬‪#‎DreamsDoComeTrue‬ ‪#‎ThankfulEveryDay‬ ‪#‎ActingPaysOff‬


No comments:

Post a Comment