Friday, January 22, 2016

Exceeding your limits: It really is your duty!

Exceeding your limits. We've all heard it before, the clarion call to do more, be more, achieve more, get more out of life. When I ran across this quote this morning however the word 'duty' is what stuck out for me and best explained the life altering changes that have occurred in my own life over the course of the last several years. There are plenty of people out there who talk about 'getting all you can out of life', but for me there is a deeper, Faith-based reason for pushing through our perceived limits. When we actively work to get the most out of the life we've been given, we have the opportunity to truly honor God - whose plan for our life makes everything possible. 

I for one, had focused on my limitations for many years. Whether not participating in sports when I was younger because I was too small, or later in life engaging in self-sabotage as my career got underway in earnest, too often I looked at my life and made the erroneous decision that it was too hard, too challenging or I simply didn't have the talent to do something. Those days are over, but the experiences that led me to where I am today, only serve to encourage me to look at every new challenge with the knowledge that "I've got this". 

Have you met your 'duty' to exceed your limits this week? If not, take a moment and think about what is possible - if there were no limits to what you can do... because in fact that is the situation that you're in. Make it a great Friday - today is YOUR day! ‪#‎startuplife‬ ‪#‎NoLetUp‬ ‪#‎WhateverItTakes‬ ‪#‎ExceedYourLimits‬ ‪#‎MotivatedDaily‬


No comments:

Post a Comment