Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Your best life: The one lived with the 'right' regrets

One of the things that I've striven over time to create for myself is a life where I don't have any regrets. I've recently begun to start each day thinking about how I can each day ensure that before lunch.... I've met my goal of not having any regrets. I was struck this morning however by this thoughtful quote that got me thinking about regret in a very different way. Instead of trying to avoid having any regrets at all... why not look to have the 'right regrets'? As our lives are apt to do, my life is currently in a state of transition and change as I evaluate a variety of options for where my career is going to take me next and in turn - where my life will lead next. Avoiding regret may or may not be possible, but as I thought about today's quote in the context of my own life choices thus far - I'm happy to report that the few regrets I've got after nearly 48 years.... appear to be the right ones.
As you start your Tuesday, give some thought to what Miller suggests. Are we doing everything that we can to avoid having any regrets and as a result missing out on something that might very well contribute the richness of our lives? In my own life, I'd say the answer for me was/is an unequivocal yes - just some food for thought for a Tuesday in April! Make it a great all!  ‪#‎NoLetUp‬ ‪#‎LifeisFullofChanges‬‪#‎OnwardandUpdward‬ ‪#‎MakeTodayTheBestPossible‬ ‪#‎LifeisWhatWeMakeIt‬‪#‎Looking4GoodRegrets‬ ‪#‎LiveLife2TheFullestDaily‬ ‪#‎Thriving

No comments:

Post a Comment