Thursday, September 5, 2013

A life worth living..... Is a life worth recording: The digital version

As some of you reading this may know I'm a fanatical supporter of Tony Robbins and his Personal Power series (both the tapes and the books) and in fact when I originally started on my own 2.0 journey will readily give credit to Tony's program for giving me the impetus to take my life to the next level.  One of the key concepts that Tony espouses is the title of this posting and as I've gotten more involved in social media over time, I've become an even stronger supporter of this position.

I now have a little over 5000 followers on Twitter and while the number is gratifying (and is frankly amazing to me) I'm much more interested in the fact that I've developed some real relationships as a result.  The other key I've found is not only being consistent and persistent (more on that in a future edition), but in being relentlessly positive.  Now don't get me wrong.  I have bad days too, but frankly folks have enough on their minds without me pouring gas on the "negative Nellie" fire that so many folks want to stoke.  

By always sticking with the positive (and never....ever being a troll) I've found that I've collected a following that expects me to share great content cheerfully and thank those that share mine (a practice that I know is nearly impossible for folks with huge followings which is why folks like Ann Tran, Glen Gilmore, Mark Schaefer, and Ted Rubin among others always amaze with their engagement).

So why does this tie into a life worth recording?  Because at its core... That is what social should really be.... A platform where you share your life. I'm deeply fortunate in that I have been given the gift of an amazing life and while I'm slowly building what will be a business on the social platforms I've curated to date... By being my authentic self and simply sharing that which I find compelling puts me in a unique position.  

If I build a business that's great.. But if I don't... I've recorded in a compelling way everything that was truly important to me... And make me who I am and hope to be.  The next time you're inclined to criticize someone or think they "over share".... Think about that.. And think as well about what your story might do for others.

Here's to you.. And another day in a Life Well Led.


Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment